September 23, 2008

Review: Philosophy - The Present


Alright... here goes nothing! My first review... is of the Philosophy - The Present.

It is "a clear makeup skin perfector for day and night", otherwise a primer for the whole face. It contains a high molecular weight silicone that binds with the skin to help create a smooth surface. I've been using this since I was 16 on and off. When I didn't have this, I'd try other primers but I find myself coming back to this over and over again.

I use it primarily as a primer, just before I
put on my foundation, but sometimes I just use it by itself because it fills up all the lines on my face and it just makes it seriously feel like a baby's bottom! My boyfriend even put it on once and couldn't stop touching his face afterwards!

It's like a white sorta thick liquid, but it's not sticky. It's not thick that it makes you feel like you have a mask on, but it is the sort of consistency where you can feel it working and filling in those lines and pores.


How to use it:
  • Moisturize - or if you have oily skin, you can skip the moisturiser and JUST use this.
  • Squeeze out a small dollop into your hand and make sure you get it EVERYWHERE on your face.
  • Wait 2 minutes for it to set.
  • Then you can continue on with your make up routine.
Pros:
  • Makes your skin feel oh so silky smooth, like you've been airbrushed.
  • Easy to apply - very straight forward.
  • You can actually FEEL and SEE it work.
  • It does have a scent to it that I actually like - it's sort of really natural herbal sort of smell. It has a calming affect on me, I love it.
  • Provides you with a second layer of skin which seal in your moisturizer and such. Especially good at night.
  • Provides natural anti-bacterial benefit.
  • Lasts me a long time for the one tube personally, and I use it everyday. A little bit goes a long way!
Cons:
  • It is a bit pricey - or 2oz it is AU$55. I did find it for US$25 at the Sephora website for all you girlies in US :)
  • I'm an impatient sort of person so I hate waiting that 2 minutes for it to set before I put on the foundation.
  • Some people may not like scent to this.
Rating out of 5: I personally give this a solid 5 out of 5, because no matter what other primers I seem to try, I ALWAYS, ALWAYS come back to this one.

Ingredients: Water (Agua), Cyclomethicone, Behenyl Alcohol, Dimethiconol, Cetyl Dimethicone, Lysozyme, Sodium Citrate, Peg-12 Dimethicone, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Lavendula Augustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

No comments:

Post a Comment