More photos coming! :)
January 30, 2010
January 29, 2010
I counted the votes and it was a tie between 1st and last and I've decided to do both but just did the last look today :) I was going to do my hair pulled back like her but I have a big ass forehead so I can't pull off the hair off face look haha! I hope you all like it and keep in mind this is probably one of the first looks I've had to recreated inspired by someone and I found it really hard! I think I was just paranoid that it won't look that similar to what Kim had on or something? Haha Enjoy!
- Studio Fix Fluid - NC25
- Prescriptives Camouflage Cream - Yellow/Orange Medium 04
- MAC Select Loose Powder
- NYX Ultra Pearl Mania - Frozen White - Highlight loosely on the forehead, down the nose and on cupid's bow
- NYX Blush - Stone - Kim hardly had any blush on but I love this peachy colour on the hollows on my cheeks
- MAC Eyeshadow - Woodwinked - all over the lid and a little on the middle lower lash line
- MAC Eyeshadow - Wedge - crease blend colour
- MAC Eyeshadow - Espresso - create the crease shape and blend blend blend! I also lined lower lash line with this
- MAC Eyeshadow - Showstopper - deepen out outer crease colour and I used a MAC #226 brush to blur out the edges of the Espresso on the lower lash line with this colour because Kim's eyeshadow on the lower lash line went down quiet a bit
- MAC Eyeshadow - Brulee - highlight colour on brow bone
- MAC Pigment - White - inner tear ducts V
- MAC Eye Kohl - Smolder - lined waterline and tightline
- L'oreal Lineur Intense - Black - lined upper lash line
- Ardell False Eyelashes - Wispies
- Chanel Inimitable Mascara
- Benefit Her Glossiness Lipgloss
- MAC Eyeshadow - Woodwinked - I didn't have any similar lip colour to what Kim had so to bronze up my lips I just tapped the eyeshadow on top of the lipgloss softly but unfortunately my camera kinda didn't pick up the colour :(
January 28, 2010
Oh my gosh I feel like I've been neglecting my blog so much and I hate it but school has been soooo busy! We've just gotten into playing with the make up this week and I've been so excited but it is a lot of work! For anyone that has said that doing a make up course would be easy, they should try it out themselves because it totally isn't! We are also into face maps at the moment and I decided that I was just going to copy the MAC face map and copy it onto textured paper so I can actually put make up on it without it sliding off. This is the blank MAC face map for anyone that is interested.
I've also started going to the gym again! I plan on losing weight before my sister's wedding in September and I thought I'd give myself some time to do it. I want to get down to a size 8 (I'm not sure how the sizes go in America but I think this is a size 2 or something there?) and just tone up and be healthy again. I can't afford to get sick at the moment! :P
On another and exciting note, I think that I may have a possible wedding to do in April! Yes I do realise that I wouldn't have graduated by then but I do know this person (she's a friend of my sisters and she knows that I am still in school and still practising and she is definitely cool with it!). I am sooo sooooo nervous just because she will pay me (not a lot obviously) but I will be doing make up for her and her bridesmaid! This is my first possible client! Weird as it sounds but I am freaking out about the foundation situation! Obviously I am still new at all of this so my kit is like non existent in the foundation department other than my own colours and even that, I'm not sure if it is suited for a wedding. I have heard a lot of good things about the Estee Lauder Double Wear and also the MAC Face + Body Foundation but I'm still looking around to see what is best. I would love to get a Make Up Forever HD foundation but I can't get my hands on it at the moment and selecting shades not in person would be hell for me. Does anyone have any good recommendation for a good bridal foundation? Any that you have used on a bride or even in your own wedding if you did the make up yourself? It would mean so much to me if you guys can help me because gosh am I freaked out!
I will definitely update you guys on everything that is happening, I promise! I just feel so happy right now because as busy as I am, I'm doing something I love and it doesn't even feel like a chore like university used to feel. To those of you who is scared to do what you love to do because of maybe you think it won't make you enough money, or any other reason, JUST DO IT! You won't look back to regret it I promise! Seriously, I don't think I've been this content ever in my life and I actually feel like I'm going somewhere, I have a plan about where I want to go in life and what I want to do and I'm sticking to it!
Thank you all so much for being super patient with me, I know I posted up the Kim Kardashian photos for you guys to vote on and I promise that is coming as soon as I have a little extra time! I hope you guys are all well!! *BIG HUGS*
January 22, 2010
Oh my gosh school has be pretty unbelievably busy! Lots of reading of theory this week! My lecturer was away to do a bridal shoot today so another teacher came in and she brought up a really interesting and I think important subject in class. I'm still thinking about it myself! She was basically saying that if you want to be taken seriously or just make a good impression it is important not to have your kit consist of drugstore brands and such, while my other teacher mentioned that we should shop economically for our kits. It's really contradictory and I'm still trying to decide on what I'm going to do with kit, because I believe that at the end of the day, it's MY kit, I'll fill it with whatever it is I think that works best from my experience.
So, my question is, say it was your wedding day and you booked a make up artist and she came and opened her kit, and you find that she mostly has lower end brands, would it bother you? And please answer honestly! As snobby as I may sound, I would say yeah it would bother me a little, especially if the foundations were of lower end brands because at the end of the day, I just think that higher end brands give better quality and I wouldn't want anything else on my skin.
Since I adore Kim Kardashian's everything I wanted to do a look inspired by her! I will be posting photos underneath and you guys can choose which one you like best! :D Now, what look would you guys like me to recreate next out of the photos below?
And yes, I do realise that recreating her look is relatively easy but I just want to start out with a look that I'm more familiar and comfortable with :)
January 15, 2010
Oh my gosh I feel like I haven't updated in forever but nothing much has been going on with me, I had my induction for the make up course the other day and just basically been preparing to start school for next week all week. I did receive my brush and it was by a brand called W.a.s.p which I've personally never heard of before. I've also marked the ends of my brushes so no one can take it :) Am I loving the brushes? I don't know, at the moment I'm leaning towards a no, I mean, where's the blending brush??? I prefer my MAC brushes by far, I think I might ask them if I can use a few of my own brushes as well...
I am sooo excited for class! The uniforms aren't very attractive and there are heaps of rules but hey, it's the price I have to pay to better myself :D
So that is all for now... not a very exciting post but I feel like I haven't updated in forever! I will update more, I've been collecting heaps of photos of people with make up that I really like and I'll probably do a school look... I hope you all are well and thank you so much for all the sweet comments, it seriously makes my day so much better! :D
I'll leave you guys with a photo of my two honeys :D I love them both so much :) Poor Bangles looks like he's being squashed! haha
January 12, 2010
This is what I usually wear daily now, I don't wear much because I can't be bothered :P But I feel that my skin has gotten so clear and healthy looking now I don't really use too much foundation or too much concealer anymore!
- Gowoonsesang BB Cream
- Prescriptives Camouflage Cream - Yellow/Orange Medium 04
- MAC Loose Powder
- Stila Convertible Colour - Peony
- Estee Lauder Pure Pops Cream Shadow - Metal Mania #02
- Stila Eyeshadow - Wheat - on the eyelid and inner corner
- Rimmel Eye Kohl - White
- MAC Eyeshadow - Espresso - brows and to line lower lash line for definition
- Lancome Virtuose Mascara
- MAC Lipstick - Snob - I dab a teensy bit of this on my lips for a little colour
- Stila Lip Glaze - "Ulta" Mate Pink
These are the foundations, well some of them are BB creams and tinted moisturizer, that I use.
Armani Face Fabric - I don't use this anymore because it's obviously too dark for me but this has such a sheer coverage, it's more for people who are already happy with their skin but just need to even it out a little. After all this time, I'm still not sure whether I like the texture of this foundation or not because it actually feels like a primer, like that silicon smooth kinda feel and it weirds me out :P
Stila Illuminating Tinted Moisturiser - I actually like this one, it is very 'glowy' so if you have oily skin I don't really recommend this. Again, very sheer coverage so if you want to cover up stuff I don't think you would like this.
Gowoonsesang BB Cream - My ultimate BB cream! I loveeee the texture and the coverage of this BB cream. The colour, not so much because I find that it has quite a bit of grey cast in it, not as grey as the Skin79 BB cream but still quite grey. I think that the texture is a little bit thicker than the Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream which I've been wanting to get my hands on because the colour is more suited to me.
Skin79 Hot Pink BB Cream - The texture is similar to the Gowoonsesang BB cream but the colour I find is pretty horrendous, I tried taking a FOTD photo with it on and my face seriously looked grey! Good coverage though!
Etudé BB Cream - This is my only BB cream that's got a yellow based colour but it's so sheer I don't think you would notice if it didn't anyway. I find that it's a bit oily so if you have oily skin, stay clear away from this one, same if you want medium coverage.
Studio Fix Fluid - Oh my HG full coverage foundation! This will make your face look flawless! The texure is pretty thick and for some reason I don't like the scent of it but the scent goes away after a little while anyway! Although I do love the coverage that this foundation gives me, I will not be repurchasing this foundation as I will be trying other foundations that has full coverage (e.g: Estee Lauder Double Wear, etc)
(L-R: Gowoonsesang, Skin79, Etudé House)
(L-R: Studio Fix Fluid, Armani Face Fabric, Stila)
January 9, 2010
I've always loved shopping online, I just find it so convenient and you really do find the most amazing deals! So I decided to do a post on the places that I shop online regularly and the places that I KNOW for sure has great customer service and products :) If anyone has anymore great websites to recommend just leave a comment! I would love to know! :)
- Strawberrynet.com - My total favourite places to shop online! It has the widest range of higher end make up, skincare, hair care and fragrances I've ever seen online. The best thing is, they have FREE SHIPPING no matter where you are and they also have an amazing loyalty program where the more products you buy, the more discounts you'll get. After you buy 20 products, you'll start receiving 10% discount on your purchases and if you buy 3 or more products, you'll get an extra 5% off! I have never had a problem with strawberrynet and completely recommend this online store. They ship super quick too! I usually get my items within a few working days :) (I am in Australia if anyone doesn't know :))
- Sasa.com - I'm sure everyone knows this place by now! This is the only place online where I can get My Beauty Diary sheet masks and I just love all the Asian products that is not available in Australia that I can get on this website! Sasa is inexpensive and really pleasant to deal with and the shipping costs are awesome too! If you spend over US$75 they will give you free shipping, no matter where you are! :) Sasa has make up, skincare, haircare, fragrances and suncare, all of them I believe are reasonably priced!
- Allcosmeticswholesale.com - This is where my MAC porn is... this place is UNBELIEVABLE! I can not believe that this site isn't that famous! They have an amazing range of make up from Urban Decay, Chanel, Bobbi Brown, Estee Lauder, MAC and much much more! The prices are completely unbeatable and even though some of the products do come unboxed, and it will specify so on the page, the products are perfectly brand new and unused. This isn't the cheapest as for shipping charges but that's cause I'm on the other side of the world :P If you were in America I think the shipping costs wouldn't be so bad, but despite the shipping costs, I will definitely repurchase from this site without a doubt!
- Smartpoppy.com.au - This is for all my Australian ladies, they sell MAC, NARS, Lancome and other brands at a lower price. It's not the cheapest I've found online but they were reliable and they did send the products so I have to mention them on my list :)
- Cherryculture.com - LOVE LOVE LOVE this place for NYX. One of the cheapest places online for NYX products that I've come across and shipping costs are very reasonable and products are always correct. I will have to complain about the swatches that they have on the site for NYX products though, especially the round lipsticks, I don't find them very helpful, but other than that, great all round website!
- Glossi.com.au - Another one for all my Australian girls, this is where I buy my L'Oreal Voluminous mascaras and also the L'Oreal Lineur Intense Liquid Liner because I find it so much more inexpensive, even WITH shipping costs added to it! Fast shipping and great website!
- Coastalscents.com.au - Mother of all online shopping for palettes and brushes! I'm sure all of you know this site by now so I don't really need to go on about it :P Great inexpensive brushes, reasonable shipping costs and delivery time was pretty quick considering it usually takes stuff 2 weeks to get here from the States!
- MadameMadeline.com - This is where I stock up on my false eyelashes! I think they have the whole range of Ardell false eyelashes and other brands also. Basically, the more you buy, the cheaper it will be per pair of eyelashes. Again, reasonable shipping costs and products were as pictured when it arrived to me. LOVE this website!
- eBay.com - Now I know eBay doesn't have the greatest reputation for online shopping and there is some danger in buying stuff off eBay but you just have to look at the sellers, make sure they are Power Sellers, have sold a lot of stuff and have a great feedback percentage rate. If all else fails, make sure you pay through PayPal because if you don't receive your products, you can file a dispute and get your money back! :)
WEBSITE TO STAY AWAY FROM:
So far I have only had one bad experience with online shopping and that is with www.BeautyshopOC.com. It was such a shame because I really do want some Red Cherry lashes and were looking forward to it for AGES! I'm sure if you read my blog you know what I went through with this unprofessional website and I strongly suggest you stay away from this website and also www.iHeartredcherry.com as they are owned by the same people. These people are so unprofessional, refused to communicate with me, they didn't send the products that I ordered, and they don't even have a working e-mail for goodness sake! Extremely bad customer service, DO NOT BUY FROM THIS WEBSITE!
Lipstick Rules is holding an amazing contest with to win Beauté's Weightless Lip Creme in Masochist! If you guys haven't heard of this yet, please head over to her blog and enter, I have seen this lip creme at work when Pixiwoo did Marlene Dietrich and I can tell you think right now, it is AMAZING!
Good luck everyone!
January 6, 2010
When I first bought the Virtuose mascara when I was 16, it was seriously my favourite mascara, although it didn't really curl my eyelashes, it did make them super long! :D This is my mini review for this mascara :)
> CurlGuard™ formula lengthens and holds a divine lash curve for 12 hours. > The KeepCurl™ brush provides an outstanding eyelash curler effect. > Long-lasting formula is virtually smudge-proof, tear-proof and easily removable.
(plain eyelashes without anything)
(with one coat of mascara)
It doesn't really look like it made much of a difference on the photos but I promise you it does in real life, that's just with ONE coat of mascara!
- VERY lengthening
- Little to no clumping
- Lasts a long time on the eyelashes
- No flaking
- Easily removed
-Not very volumizing
- Not super cheap for a mascara - it's $40 here for a tube
- Didn't do as promise, which is to keep curl and also the fact that it is tear proof, but then again, my eyelashes are always straight, it doesn't hold curl with any mascara or any eyelash curlers
- It dries out pretty quickly so if you want to layer your mascara, do it quick
January 5, 2010
So ever since Christmas, I've had a new skincare routine, so far so good, there hasn't been any dramatic difference to the blemishes that pop up but my skin just feels healthier and more moisturised. I don't really do much, I like to keep it simple because I don't want to spend heaps of time on skincare when
I'm in a rush.
(Clinique 3-Step Skincare System)
I LOVE THIS THING! I got this as a Christmas pres
ent and I've been using it ever since then. The saleslady said that my skin was dry-dry combination which I am a little iffy about because I never thought that my skin was super dry or anything but whatever, I will listen to her! It came in a pack and was AU$155 and came with the mild liquid facial soap, the clarifying lotion and t he dramatically different moisturizing lotion. Apparently it does take a full 2 weeks before you will see a difference in your skin and maybe they meant if you have some acne or blemishes but I did find that texture and quality of my skin has definitely improved and it hasn't even been two weeks yet!
My favourite product out of this has to be the facial soap, my skin just feels so clean and fresh after I use it, and I like the fact that it foams up :P I have no idea why I've always liked foamy stuff :P The clarifying lotion kinda tingles, kinda stings... but apparently when you feel that 'tingle' it's when you know it's working! The moisturizer... I feel it's a bit oily, it takes a little while to sink in properly (10 minutes-ish) and while that is happening, it leaves a thin oil film, for me anyway...
(Benefit Depuffing Action Eye Gel)
This was a present from the boyfriend and typically I don't really see a difference when I use eye creams/gels and it's the same with this. I will admit that it smells so freaking DIVINE but it does feel nice and soothing but I haven't really seen any difference in my under eye area. Maybe it's because I don't really have too bad of eye bags or puffiness though... I just like to prevent :P
Things I do once-twice a week:
I loveeeee this pore strip, it's not the normal white ones but it's black and I swear it works better! I have huge blackheads/pores on my nose and this helps :)
Hmmm... to tell you the truth I don't really like this product, I do use it once a week just to use it up but I don't think it's suited to my skin or something cause I definitely don't see a difference. I've tried it more than a few times and it still doesn't really do much, if anything, I got a new pimple on my chin usually after I use it...
Aspiring masks! Now this... I love... I used to do this once a week but I kinda stopped because I ran out of aspiring but I will get some more and I will start doing it once a week because with this, I actually can see a difference after I use, my skin just feels so soft and it's just awesome!
So as you can see, I don't really do much... I think the more crap you put on your skin, the worse it is so I try to keep it simple and easy :)