December 30, 2008
Pecan Caramel Cheesecake Recipe (Picture heavy)
So I got this recipe from the Women's Weekly Winter Favourites and I LOVEEEEEEEEE IT! It's like sex in a cheesecake, honestly. It's so soft and velvety and rich and sweet and urghhakdfh awoiea sdkas dfasd! You can see the effect that it has on me because I'm actually eating some right now!
Preparation: 30 minutes.
Cooking: 50 minutes.
150g Hob-Nob biscuits
50g butter, melted
500g cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup (165g) caster sugar
1 tablespoon plain flour
1/2 cup (50g) pecans, toasted, chopped finely
1/3 cup (75g) firmly packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon cream
1. Preheat oven to moderately slow (160 celcius/140 celcius fan-forced). Line a 20cm tin.
2. Blend or process biscuits until fine crumbs. I put the biscuits in a bag and just smash the living crap out of it :P
3. Transfer crumbs to large bowl and stir in the butter.
4. Press the bisuit mixture evenly into the tin. Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until firm.
5. Beat cream cheese, vanilla and sugar in a medium bowl with electric mixer until just smooth. MAKE SURE THAT THE CREAM CHEESE IS SOFTENED! The first time I made it I didn't wait for it to be softened and I swear to GOD I thought I was going to break my mixer lol
6. Add eggs, one at a time, until just combined.
7. Toast the pecans and chop them finely.
8. Stir in flour and pecans.
9. Pour in the mixture into the set base and place into the oven for 45 minutes or until it's just set. Cool in oven with door ajar.
10. To make the caramel topping, combine sugar, butter and cream in a small saucepan, stir over low heat until thick. Then pour the mixture over the cheesecake. Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight. I don't wait this long. I wait maybe half an hour and I tuck into it!
I know it may not look like the best cheesecake ever but if you just have one spoonful of this... omg ORGASM IN A SPOON I TELL YA!!!
Hope you all like it :)