May I just start with, good gosh this foundation has the longest name in the world! I really do not like when foundations have really long names because I have the memory of a goldfish and I keep forgetting it!
With that said, this is actually one of my favourite foundations to use when I go out at night. It gives the most beautiful coverage for my dry-combination skin and even though from the name, you'd think that it wouldn't be full coverage, it is!
The texture is thicker than what I'm used to as you can see from the photos and it's like a gel yet creamy texture which is a first for me.
I find this foundation super moisturising and is really comfortable to wear even after I set it with powder, which can sometimes make my face feel tight and even though it is a moisturising foundation, I find the lasting power amazing.
What Shu Uemura says about this foundation (taken from the Shu Uemura website):
illuminating moisture fluid foundation
provides luminous glow on the skin with rich texture, enriched with high concentrations of natural origin ingredients. medium to high coverage
- Great for dry-combination skin
- Dewy effect - which is my favourite, I am not one for matte finish foundation.
- Lasts on the skin for a long time
- Medium-full coverage - I sometimes don't really need to conceal if I use this foundation.
- Feels comfortable on the skin
- A little goes a LONG way
- Great colour selection for Asian skin tones
- Expensive - I got mine from Strawberrynet for $50 but I bet if you buy it retail, it would cost way more.
- 27ml of product which I find very strange since universally, foundations are usually 30ml.
- Sometimes if you don't moisturise the skin properly, it can snag on dry/flaky skin which I have found is the same with al the foundations I use anyway.
- Funny scent - not BAD but it's an odd scent and I can't put my finger on what it smells like.
As I said before, I think that this is a great foundation for those with dry-combination skin because of the dewy finish and because of how moisturising it is.
Would I repurchase this... maybe... and I know I said that this is one of my favourite foundations and it is but I am always trying different foundations and am always looking for new and better foundations to use. I am really interested in the Face Architect Smoothing Fluid Foundation so maybe I will try that after I'm done with this one.